Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Potty Training Take 2

So I am happy to say that we are progressing in the potty training world (see previous blog entry: Potty Training Hell). James has since been able to wear big boy underwear, or "underoos" as we so affectionately call them, while at home. Here he is sporting some of those bad boys:


I have instituted a new rewards system for going to the bathroom on the toilet, which I think has worked pretty well. If James goes #1 on the potty he gets one sticker and if he goes #2 he gets two stickers. This avoids having to give him too much candy throughout the day (especially since he can go up to 8 times a day, #1 that is). He loves stickers so this was a no-brainer. I even made a rewards sticker jar for him to pick his stickers from:


Overall this has really helped to incentivize the process for him. The teachers at school have also commented on how well he is using the potty at school and have even suggested sending him to school in underwear. I think I will wait until he's a bit further along, but it is encouraging to know it is working. Maybe he'll be potty trained before three afterall, but if not, I'm not going to be too concerned about it. He'll be ready when he's ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment