Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Joe For Judge: Plaza Club Fundraiser

With all that has been going on in my life lately, I thought it would be a good idea to keep myself as busy as possible in order to keep my mind off of things. So I thought I would take on the role of Campaign Manager for my brother's judicial campaign. He is running for Judge in the 407th district of San Antonio against the incumbent, Karen Pozza, who has been a judge in that court for 12 years! I had no idea what I was getting myself into. It is definitely a lot more work that I anticipated...that may be because my brother waited a little late to begin campaigning, but that's neither here nor there. I assumed since I worked at a marketing firm before that this would be something I could easily transition into. I may have underestimated what goes into running a political campaign. Luckily Joey and I have some great friends that have stepped up to help. We are busily working to get his name out there as much as possible. Phone banking, block walking, social networking and fundraising have taken over my simple life. We recently held a fundraiser at the Plaza Club in order to raise some money for Joe's campaign. While we didn't make nearly as much as we wanted, it was a great event to bring some of Joe's biggest supporters out.

Joe with one of his supporters, Rene Diaz

More of Joe's supporters, including our phone bank captain, Blakely Mohr

Joe with his wife Melissa and baby Louisa

My brother and I

the party

Our lovely volunteers Margaret, Elaine & Reba with a little help from James

Joey, Melissa and my parents

No comments:

Post a Comment