Sunday, August 7, 2011

Joey & Mel's Baby Shower

Yesterday I threw a baby shower for my wonderful brother, Joey, and his beautiful wife, Melissa. They are due with a little girl in about a month. This will be the first baby girl, so we are very excited. Her name is going to be Louisa Diann Hoelscher. In preparation for her arrival I hosted a couples shower to celebrate the couple and get them some much needed items. I have been prepping and planning this party for months and I'm happy to say it turned out wonderfully. Here are some photos from the day:

Entry way table, complete with signable piggy bank, picture mat and baby pool

I set up a "sweet bar" with assorted candies (for favors), strawberry & mini-vanilla cupcakes, and adorable baby carriage cookies for favors as well

Close-up of the assorted candies


The adorable cookies

The wonderful spread along with some of the decorations

The delicious tomato, basil, mozzarella crostinis and goat cheese puffs
(with the macaroni salad in the background)


These were delicious and I will be making them again...and again, and again!



More of the food


The happy couple


Monica, my little man & Margaret


We had a babyfood feeding contest which was really fun

The winning couple, Steve & Reba

The couple opening their presents (with James' help ofcourse)


Mike & I with the mommy & daddy-to-be

All of the ladies at the party

They're going to be great parents!

Congratulations to Joey & Mel! We can't wait to meet Louisa!

1 comment:

  1. You always host the best parties! =) Congrats to Joey & Melissa!!

    ReplyDelete