Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Birthday Weekend

Another year, another year older. Although 33 doesn't seem so bad...at least I'm still in my early 30's! I had a very nice and relaxing birthday weekend. My best friend treated me to a cooking class at Central Market on Friday night which was really fun. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures, but the food was delicious. We made seafood fideua, which is similar to paella, but it's made with broken up pieces of pasta instead of rice. Then we moved on to grilled tenderloins crusted in cabrales butter (it's a Spanish blue cheese), baked asparagus wrapped in Serrano ham and covered in a bechamel sauce and finished with crema catalana, which is basically a Spanish version of creme brulee. It was absolutely delicious and really fun to do a hands-on class. We will definitely be going back.

On Saturday my friends had a planned a nice lunch at the Friendly Spot down in South town. It's all outdoors and has a nice play area for the kids. The weather was perfect and we had a great time. Here are some pictures from the day:

Note:  You will see a stuffed cow in many of the pictures because James had a school project this past weekend in which he had to take "Callie the Cow" on adventures with him and document it :-)
James with my bestie Margaret (an Callie of course ;-))

Uncle Mike with James' cousin Louisa (and Callie)
James playing with Callie

Me and my hubby
After spending the day with friends we headed home where my boys spoiled me with a delicious birthday dinner: King crab legs, roasted sweet potatoes and a salad (made all by my hubby :-)) and a wonderful red velvet cake made by my little man.

Soooooo good!

James with Callie and my cake

The weekend was capped off with a lovely birthday dinner at my parents home on Sunday evening. Thank you to my wonderful family for making my birthday weekend so special!
 

 James posing with Callie in front of the delicious rack of lamb my dad made

James (with a little help from Callie) making homemade whipped cream for dessert

 me and my little man on my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment