Friday, June 10, 2011

Strawberry-Banana Yogurt Pops

In reading some various different foodie blogs, I have been inspired to try some new recipes. I thought it would be fun to include some of those every once in a while in my own blog. Since we received some popsicle molds as a party favor at a birthday party recently, I thought it would be fun to make homemade popsicles for James to enjoy. They went over extremely well so I wanted to share the simple recipe. This is a recipe adapted from one I recieved with the molds. Enjoy!

Strawberry-Banana Yogurt Pops
1 pint strawberries, cored & quartered
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup yogurt (strawberry or vanilla)
1 ripe smashed banana

Bring the strawberries, water and sugar to a simmer in a medium sauce pan. Simmer for five minutes, or until strawberries are very soft. Pour into a food processor, add the lemon juice, and pulse a few times, until fruit is almost pureed but not liquified. Chill in the refigerator until cool.
Stir the yogurt and smashed banana into the strawberry mixture until combined. Pour into molds and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight. To remove, run some warm water over the outside of the mold until you can gently pull the pops out. Yeilds 4-6 pops depending on the size of your molds.

Ofcourse, I have to include some pictures of James and his friend partaking in these pops...

 James and his friend Logan enjoying their popsicles

It took nearly a half of an hour, but James finished that whole pop...I guess he liked them :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment