Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pansy Sale


This past weekend I was in charge of the TriDelta Alumnae Association 2011 Pansy Sale. This is a sale put on annually by the San Antonio chapter in order to raise money for the Santa Rosa Children's Hospital. I just recently joined the Alumnae chapter here in San Antonio in order to meet some new friends and in doing so I was asked to run the Pansy Sale. At first I was a little weary of taking on the role since I hadn't even been here to see how they were done, but decided it was something I could handle. It really was a great experience and I had an awesome time. We sold almost 200 flats of pansies for a rough profit of $3,000. Since I took over this role late in the year I didn't get to do a lot of promotion for the sale, so I am hoping to do much more promotion next year and hopefully we will sell much more. I'm really looking forward to getting involved in this Alumnae chapter and helping out my community.

No comments:

Post a Comment