Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day 2012

We had a very nice and relaxing Father's Day this year. James and I planned on starting the day by making breakfast in bed for Daddy, but he had other plans and decided not to sleep in. Oh well, we were able to have a nice breakfast together regardless, but not before James had Daddy open up his presents (always exciting for a 3-year-old). After present opening, breakfast and Daddy and James cartoon watching time, we headed to mass with my parents (like we do every Sunday). James decided he wanted to match Daddy, which was of course adorable. After mass we came home and put James down for a nap and I allowed Daddy to have his alone time...Most guys want to go golfing or out with their friends, but Mike chose to play video games. I guess whatever makes him happy :-). After James woke up from his nap, we headed over to my parents house for swimming and bar-b-que. All-in-all it was a great day, and I am incredibly blessed with a wonderful father of my own and an amazing husband who happens to also be an awesome daddy.
Helping Daddy open his presents (which included a new Ryobi ion drill, a bunch of shirts (I love dressing my man :-)), and a painting by James)

James and Daddy with James' artwork

The gift James made for BawPaw (my dad)

James and Daddy in their matching outfits for church

James and his cousin Louisa ready to swim
James trying out his new goggles (I love how goofy he looks)

James and Daddy with my brother, his wife and baby Lou (myself, my parents, my brother Cam and his fiance Gaby were missing from this picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment