Sunday, November 11, 2012

Halloween 2012

As with every year, we had numerous Halloween events to attend. I think Halloween is quickly becoming one of James' favorite holidays, coming in as a close second behind Christmas. I absolutely loved Halloween as a kid and now that I have a child of my own, I am starting to love it once again. It's so fun to watch James get excited about dressing up. I have a feeling this may become one of our favorite family holidays and we have even talked about throwing a Halloween party next year for all the kiddos in the neighborhood. I guess we'll see how next year goes and we'll decide then. This year we attended the St.Pius Halloween carnival as we did last year and a Halloween party thrown by our good friends the Holmstroms.

My little Spiderman ready for the St.Pius Carnival

Playing mini-golf at the St.Pius Carnival

James and his buddies at the Holmstrom's Halloween Party

Mike & I at the party

The kiddos playing the eat a donut on a string game

bobbing for apples

Making yummy caramel apples


After a busy weekend of Halloween events we were more than ready for the actual holiday of Halloween. We first attended James' school Halloween parade and then enjoyed a fun filled evening of trick-or-treating. Since James is older he enjoyed trick-or-treating a bit more and we were able to stay out a little later and hit more houses. I've had so much going on lately that I wasn't fully prepared for Halloween, but I wish I had set up a group of friends to go trick-or-treating with because I think James would have had a little more fun. Next year I definitely plan on doing that. Regardless, we had a very nice evening and as usual James made out like a bandit. I apparently neglected to take pictures of James the night of Halloween, but here are some from his school parade:

James in his school parade

Another shot of James

James posing with another Spiderman in his class (there were 4 total including James!)

No comments:

Post a Comment