Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentines Day 2013

Another year, another Valentines Day. Unfortunately I was without my hubby for V-day yet again this year, but had a lovely time spending it with the other man (or boy) in my life. We made fun Valentines for all of his friends, which were heart shaped multi-color crayons we made from broken crayon pieces. They turned out really cute:

All of the pretty colorful crayon hearts

We then put them in a bag with a Valentines card and
a cute little note that said "You Color My World"
I also got creative with my bestie and we made homemade scratch off cards for our men. We included things like, "back-rub", "Night to be right", etc. They turned out really well and I love that we can make our own scratch-offs. You just simply cover the written prize with white crayon and then paint over it with silver paint mixed with dish soap (2 parts to 1 part). I was a little skeptical, but surprisingly it worked very well.

scratch-off cards prior to painting

fully ready scratch-off card

 
One of the cards scratched off
This year I also decided to make a cute little Valentines Card to send to friends and family:


I hope everyone had a fantastic Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment