Friday, November 1, 2013

Jackson's 2 month update

I've been meaning to post this, but time has gotten away from me. My precious baby Jackson turned 2 months old last week. Crazy how fast time flies. Here's a rundown of his latest stats:

Weight: 10 lbs. 2 oz. (6th percentile)
Height: 21.5 inches (3rd percentile)
Clothing size: 0-3 mos.
Diapers: size 1
Eating: 4 oz. bottle every 3 hours


He's still a bit on the small size, but I guess he may be petite like his Mommy. James was definitely larger at this age, but Jackson was a few weeks early so that may be why. He is almost sleeping through the night, only waking up once around 4 am for a feeding. I look forward to the days when he sleeps all the way through the night and we can move him to his own room. Jackson is definitely a more fussy baby than James was. We've tried everything from different bottles to gas drops to gripe water and now we are experimenting with different formulas to try and determine which he will take best. I feel like everyday is different. We have good days and we have bad days. He is still getting some breast milk, but unfortunately I haven't been able to produce enough and in order to get him to gain weight we have had to supplement formula. I was stressing about not sticking strictly to breast milk, but that was just making me more miserable, so we have decided to ween him off of it. Oh well, the same thing happened with James and he turned out okay (I think ;-)).

He's starting to become much more alert and talking (well, cooing) much more. I absolutely adore this age, where every day they start doing something different. They are completely mesmerized by the world around them and it completely melts my heart when he smiles at me. Having a newborn certainly isn't the easiest job in the world, but it has to be the most enjoyable and rewarding job around. I wouldn't trade being a mother for anything in the world. Here's a video of my precious baby boy...warning: it's a bit long, but worth it ;-)


James is completely in love with his little brother and says some of the sweetest things about him and to him. "Jackson is the best baby in the world", "I love you baby Jackson, so much!" "You're the cutest baby in the world, Jackson!" I've been waiting so long to give James a sibling and I am thrilled with how awesome he has been with Jackson. I know it won't always be this easy between them, but I have no doubt that they will always have a very special brotherly love.


Happy two months precious baby boy! I can't wait to watch you grow into a beautiful boy just like your brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment