Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Jackson's 6 month check-up

Baby boy is already 6 months old! Time flies when you're having fun, right? :-) He is starting to get so big and everyone keeps telling me that he looks big for a 6 month old. Well apparently we're all crazy, because he's still a little munchkin. Here's the stats:

Weight: 15 lbs. 4 oz. (10th percentile)
Height: 25 inches (2nd percentile!)
Clothing size: 6 mos, although he can still fit into some 3-6 mos clothing
Diapers: size 3, but still fits in 2's
Feeding schedule: Still 6 oz. every 4 hours

Doc says if he keeps growing at this rate, he will likely only be 5' 5'' or 5' 6''...I'm praying he starts growing a bit more. I'd feel so guilty if he got stuck with my shortness. I guess he'll at least have his looks ;-). Other than being on the small side, he is doing great in all other aspects. He has started rolling over from his back to his tummy, but has a hard time getting back over to his back, which absolutely pisses him off. He is starting to sit up unassisted, although he eventually falls over. I anticipate he'll be doing it completely on his own without falling over soon. I had begun giving him some baby food a month or so ago and his first few feedings were a success, but then he just started being uninterested. I am planning on starting him on baby food again this week and hopefully it will go better this time.

Jackson is a very happy baby with smiles that can just melt your heart. He still loves the jumperoo and Baby TV and playing with his brother. I've noticed that he is a bit of a Mama's boy and really prefers to be held by me more than anyone else, which I guess makes sense as I am with him the most, but I feel like James we never like that. He didn't discriminate who was holding him just as long as he as being held. On the other hand, Jackson only likes to be held for so long, then he wants to be put down. He is just an absolute joy and I am trying to cherish every moment I have with him because before I know it, he'll be a big boy like James. Just don't grow up too fast Jackson!

My precious baby boy
Trying his first baby food
At his 6 mos. check-up
He's so perfect!



No comments:

Post a Comment