Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Superbowl 2014

So this year we didn't have any plans for the Superbowl, so I decided I'd have a couple of friends and their kids over. Well a couple somehow turned into 20 and we ended up with a houseful of friends and kids. I really didn't mean for it turn into a full-blown party, but what can I say the Beadles know how to throw a party and when the word got out, party-time was in full swing. Mike was excited to use his birthday present from last year (a giant outdoor inflatable screen), so we set that up with the game and since it ended up being chilly we put a fire in the fire pit. As always we had way too much food, but it was all delicious. I really didn't watch any of the game and actually didn't catch many of the commercials either. I was too busy hanging out with my friends and enjoying everyone's company. From the sounds of it I didn't really miss much in terms of the game, it looks like Seattle slaughtered Denver. Which was kind of a bummer because I was rooting for Peyton Manning, but at the end of the day I didn't really care since it wasn't the Cowboys :-) Anyway, we had such a great time I'm not sure, but we may make this an annual tradition. Mike complains that I throw too many parties, but I just really enjoying having them and truth be told...so does he!

Kelson with the delicious spread of food
James and Lyla in front of the fire
Everyone enjoying the party & game
The Byrd's beautiful new addition, Tristan
Enjoying the firepit
Marshmallow time!
James ate way too many marshmallows

The screen set up
Beautiful Ruby adorned with beads
Miss Leena holding Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment