Sunday, April 27, 2014

NIOSA 2014

Another year, another Fiesta and of course we always go to NIOSA 2 nights to support my step-mother's Bolsa booth. I used to love going to NIOSA when I was in high school...underage drinking, meeting boys and NIOSA kisses :-). I've decided I may be too old for NIOSA now, but as long as we have the booth to retreat to and get away from the crazy crowds I will probably continue to go. James was allowed to join us for one night again and as always he had a great time. He is finally at the age where he can really help us with the booth and I think he was probably our number one bag seller on Thursday night. I was SO proud of him! So proud in fact that I let him stay out until 10:30, meaning he didn't get to bed until 11 pm...man was he rough the next day (and he was off from school because of Battle of Flowers!). He's lucky we love him, that all I have to say! Anyway, NIOSA was a lot of fun and I think we had some really good bags this year due to our many volunteers and artists who painted bags. Looking forward to next year!

A shot of the Bolsa booth
Mike and my dad
James selling one of the bags he made himself (we sold all of them!)
James with Gigi
James playing some games in Clown Alley
throwing darts (he did better than I expected)
James with Margaret
My little salesman
Margaret and I
Here's James selling bags...he was a little thrown off by the churro that Baw Paw gave him ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment