Thursday, May 24, 2012

Madeline's Nursery

So we have finally started the process of putting together Madeline's nursery. I started by picking the bedding I liked the most. I decided that I didn't want something that was too overwhelmingly pink, so I settled on this adorable Aqua Pixie set.


We are planning on putting up a chair rail and painting the top the aqua color and the bottom the pink color. My handy husband will also be putting up crown-molding to top it off. We are currently torn between two cribs. We have decided to get a convertible crib again so that it can transition into a full size bed. The one I really want is almost double the cost of the other one, so we'll have to figure out if we want to spend that much money...

My favorite...it comes in white as well, so I'm not sure if I would do the dark wood or white

This one is a close second and the matching furniture has adorable crystal knobs
I also am determined to have a crystal chandelier in the room even though I still want to have the ceiling fan. I was thinking of swagging it over her crib in the corner so that I could keep the fan, but I'm not sure if it will be too much. We'll have to see...I just love the look of a chandelier in a little girls room. Here are some options:




So that's the nursery so far...we are going to start the hard work this weekend...painting, chair rail, crown-molding, etc. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. Love what you've picked so far! Though I agree, not sure if the ceiling fan / chandelier combo might be a bit much. Only time will tell!

    Gordon and I are just now starting to work out our nursery as well. We're a bit behind you, as flooring won't get installed until early June, then some electrical work (adding a ceiling fan!) and THEN painting. I really just want to start NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a chandelier in both girls' rooms! Love them! Love everything you have picked so far!

    ReplyDelete