Sunday, January 5, 2014

Jackson's 4 month check-up

With all that has been going on I haven't had a chance to post about Jackson's 4 month check-up. The time is just flying by...on December 23rd my baby boy turned 4 months old. 

My handsome baby boy ready for his 4 month check-up
He's getting to be such a big boy!
Jackson did wonderfully at his check-up and took the shots like a champ. It is always so heartbreaking when they have to get the shots, but I know they are absolutely necessary. We have been having some issues with eczema. James had some eczema when he as a baby, but it was nothing compared to what Jackson has had. His chest becomes really inflamed after I bathe him, so I have began using Cetaphil to bathe him with and it appears to be helping. Apparently it can be exacerbated by an irritation caused by the metal in the buttons on his jumpers as well, so I have started only dressing him in items that don't have metal directly against his skin. It appears to be getting much better, so that is good. Here are some stats:

Weight: 12 lbs. 14.5 oz.
Height: 23.5 inches long
Clothing size: 3-6 mos.
Diapers: size 2
Eating: 6 oz. bottle every 4 hours


I have started putting a tablespoon of rice cereal into Jackson's bottle twice a day. At his last feeding at night and at his first feeding in the morning. I will probably start feeding it to him separately soon, I just wanted to see how he would take to it first. We have officially moved Jackson to his crib in his bedroom and he is doing wonderfully. The first night we moved him, he slept from 11 pm to 7 am without waking up. Lately he has been stirring between 4:30 and 5:30 am, but we can give him his pacifier and he will go back down until 6:30 or 7. We also found a wonderful product, the vibrating mattress pad, which has helped significantly:


My baby boy is definitely a bit of a "Princess and the Pea", and I hate to admit it, but he likely gets it from me. He likes to have the perfect sleeping conditions, which include being tightly swaddled, a vibrating mattress, pacifier in place and white noise going. Hopefully the older he gets, the more he will outgrow these necessities. 

Jackson is beginning to teethe and I believe I can see a tooth beginning to push threw his bottom gums so I anticipate we'll have a tooth soon. Surprisingly he has not been overly fussy, but James never really was either. He is beginning to hold his head up a lot more and he is constantly pushing off his legs. When placed on his back on the ground, he can roll over to his tummy, but he can't roll back over and he just gets angry. He definitely does not enjoy "tummy time". Something I'm trying to work on with him. I love how vocal he has become and it just melts my heart when he laughs. I'll leave you with two adorable videos of him:






No comments:

Post a Comment