Saturday, January 25, 2014

Jackson's 5 months old!


My handsome little man is 5 months old. Time flies when you're having fun! He didn't have an official check-up at the doctor, so I'm unsure of his weight and height. Although I did weigh him using our bathroom scale (it only weighs in 1/2 pound increments) and based on that he is roughly 15 lbs. already. So here's some stats:

Weight: approx. 15lbs.
Height: ?
Clothing size: 3-6 mos.
Diapers: size 2
Eating: 6 oz. bottle every 4 hours

We are putting rice cereal in his final feeding at night and his first feeding in the morning. I've tried feeding him rice cereal on it's own and it didn't go over so well. I've bought some apple and banana flavored oatmeal, so I'm going to try it soon to see how it goes. I've got to get him used to the spoon!

He is still sleeping in his own room in his crib and sleeping pretty effectively through the night. He fusses sometimes, but we let him self-soothe and he typically falls back to sleep within a couple of minutes. We have yet to see the first tooth, but he has become slightly more fussy this past couple of days so I'm anticipating he is teething. I guess only time will tell. Jackson is trying to sit up on his own every day, so I'm sure he'll be doing that on his own very soon.

Things he loves:

  • The jumperoo
  • Baby TV
  • His brother singing to him
  • Mommy singing to him
  • Being tickled
  • Daddy throwing him in the air
Things he hates:
  • Tummy time
  • Having his nose cleaned
  • Being in one place for too long (15 minutes max)
  • His car seat
I'll leave you with a video of him doing one of his favorite things:





No comments:

Post a Comment