Monday, January 27, 2014

Jackson's Baptism

This past Sunday we finally baptized the newest member of our family. January 26th, 2014 Jackson Mitchell Beadle became the newest member to the St. Puis X Catholic Church. It was a very beautiful ceremony and Jackson did amazingly well. He didn't cry once even when they poured cold water over his head. I really wanted him to wear the same baptismal gown that James wore, but I was worried it wouldn't fit. We baptized James when he was not even 2 months old and Jackson is 5 months old. I was pleasantly surprised that it fit and he looked absolutely adorable in it. Thomas Beadle, Mike's older brother, was asked to be the Godfather to Jackson and Melissa Hoelscher, my brother's wife, was asked to be Godmother. Jackson was baptized at the 5:30 evening mass so we had a lovely dinner at my parent's home following the baptism. I feel so extremely blessed to have such a loving and beautiful family. Congratulations Jackson Mitchell Beadle!

My handsome little guy all dressed up
Aunt Margaret and Jackson
With Father Francis before Mass
My beautiful little family
With the Godparents during the Baptism (Jackson is mesmerized by Father)
Being baptized by Father Francis
Everyone after the baptism
My Family with Father Francis
Father introducing the newest Catholic to the Church
My crazy husband carving the turkey
The delicious grand marnier cake

No comments:

Post a Comment