Friday, August 29, 2014

Houston, we have a Kindergartener!

I know I always say this, but it is hard to believe we have a Kindergartner in this house. It feels like just yesterday James was a baby and now he is an almost 6 year old Kindergartner! James has almost completed his first week of Kinder and he is loving it. I was pretty confident that he would adapt well, but you never know. He is in Mrs. Rodriguez's class and I am thrilled we got her. I have heard nothing but positive things about her and she is so sweet and caring with the kids. James is also in class with a few of his friends from NPDS, Christopher (yes, the same one he got kicked out of Magik Theater camp with), Ellen and Caroline (the little girl he claims is his girlfriend :-)). I was very happy that he had some friends in there that he already knew, but it should make for an interesting year seeing as Christopher is in class with him. Fingers crossed it goes better than Magik Theater camp :-) So far so good!

James with his teacher Mrs. Rodriguez on the first day

James at his desk
I thought it would be a nice surprise to have lunch with James on his first day of school so I went ahead and joined him at 10:45 for lunch. I know they have lunch so early! James was very excited about the opportunity to eat in the cafeteria and much to my surprise he chose a salad for the first day! I was so proud of him for making such a healthy choice, although I have a feeling it may be the last time he does that :-)

With my favorite Kindergartner for lunch
James is absolutely loving being a "big" boy at the "big" school and I am so incredibly proud of how well he is doing. It is my hope that he will continue to thrive and learn as much as his little brain will allow. Here's to a great year at Northwood with many many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment