Wednesday, August 20, 2014

James' Surgery

As many people know James recently developed a cyst on his right cheek. At first I didn't think anything of it and thought it would just go away, but it just kept getting bigger and bigger. I feel partially responsible because cysts are something that run in my family. I had one removed from my temple when I was a super young and most recently I had one removed from my right upper arm which had grown to the size of softball! My father gets the all the time as well, so it's really his fault ;-). I guess I'll take cysts over malignant tumors any day. My brave little boy did amazingly well leading up to the surgery and after the surgery. We were incredibly proud of how well he did at being brave. I had a little bit of a rougher time with it...he is my first born baby after all. I already knew Dr. Novick was a great plastic surgeon because he had done a number of surgeries on my father with fantastic results, but it was the anesthesia that always freaks me out. Luckily we had a wonderful anesthesiologist who was able to put most of my fears aside. After James was given his "happy" medicine the doctor asked him to tell him a joke, which resulted in one of the funniest videos. I'm not necessarily proud I took the video, but it definitely will be something fun to show his future wife ;-).

 
James before surgery

James after surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment