Monday, April 16, 2012

Minivanned

So I have officially become a "soccer mom" (although James doesn't play soccer, at least not yet...I'm signing him up next season). We broke-down and bought a minivan. With one child and one on the way, we figured it was time to upgrade. After much research (by my wonderful husband of course...he always has to do extensive research before a big purchase) and some test driving of a couple different minivans we settled on the Chrysler Town and Country. The price was right and you can't beat the stow and go seating. This thing has so many bells and whistles, I'd be surprised if it didn't have a masseuse that pops out of the floor to do on demand massages. It's really a great van and more importantly James LOVES it. Obviously his favorite part is the integrated DVD player with TVs, but he also loves the one-touch buttons he can use to open the doors. With all the wonderful utility and improved gas-mileage I don't know why you would choose a giant SUV over a minivan, but for some reason the majority of people do so down here in Texas. I guess people are still too bothered by the stigma that goes along with minivans...which I'm not even really sure what that stigma is. If it's that I'm a mom that enjoys the usefulness and space of a minivan, then I guess I fit that stigma. Anyway, here it is in all it's glory:


And here is James enjoying his favorite thing about the new van, the DVD player with wireless headphones (one of my favorite things :-))


All I'm going to say, is don't knock the minivan until you try it...you may be surprised how much you like it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment